The picture is posed in
front of the Press flats.
The windows behind are (at least after the Second World War)
the windows of the sitting room of the flat of the Assistant Superintendent.
This flat was the childhood home of the creator of this site
and was built very soon after the creation of the Press in 1818.
The Superintendent had the flat above.
Rev. Thomas was one of
the most eminent of all the Press's Superintendents.
The little table may well be the parting gift from his employees.
Baptist Mission Press
started with one printing press in a mud hut in 1818,
and closed in December 1972 with 300 employees.
PAGE | NEXT